Why you and your children will love this book
Up! will take your child’s love of blocks and building, and take them far and wide across the curriculum.
With 30+ projects across math, literacy, science, art, and play, Up! shows you how to support passion-led, project-based, hands-on learning. It will help your child make connections, go deeper in their understanding, and encourage their questions and creativity.
It includes inspiring ideas for block play, mobiles, rockets, airplanes, parachutes, build challenges and more. And it comes with 100 printables.
All the activities in the book are FUN! Every activity has been tried, tested and approved by our children.
The activities have been carefully chosen to offer a wide range of explorations, working across the curriculum to incorporate play, imagination, math, literacy, science, sensory and art.
What you’ll get in this book
:: 30+ hands-on projects that invite your child to explore all things Up!
:: Guidance on how to support your child’s interests, and how to help them expand their exploration and learning across the curriculum. This book is all about hands-on, project-based, passion-led learning.
:: Multisensory activities for children aged 4 to 10
:: Resources for parents and teachers, at home or in the classroom, with ideas for indoor and outdoor learning
:: Material lists, step-by-step instructions, and full color photographs of every activity
:: Suggestions for variations and extensions so you can adapt the activities to suit your child
:: A wide range of learning activities including:
- Ideas to set up and develop block play
- Activities that use blocks for math lessons, with number games, measuring activities, and shape-building challenges
- Construction play invitations with sensory elements and imaginary play, to develop language, spelling, and storytelling, and to promote co-operation and collaboration
- Art projects on the theme of Up! including Caulder-inspired kinetic mobiles and upright weaving
- Prompts that encourage creative thinking and innovation: exploring the possibilities of rocks, ice, marshmallows, customising blocks with new designs, and using huge cardboard boxes that can build structures bigger than you are
- Science projects that invite your child to think about all the other things that go Up! including homemade rockets, airplanes, parachutes, pulleys and constellations
:: and 100 printable pages including shape challenge cards, build challenge cards, and a set of world architecture prints.
*Please Note: This is an ebook, which means you will be sent a link that allows you to download a PDF containing the ebook and all the resources. You can save it to your computer or iPad* and then either read it on screen or print some/all of the pages, as you prefer.
You can buy the ebook wherever you are in the world. You pay via PayPal, which will take care of any currency conversion for you. The ebook costs $ 14.99.
The Up! ebook is published and sold by Cathy James at NurtureStore.co.uk. Please direct any customer service queries regarding purchases of the ebook to email@example.com or refer to the NurtureStore FAQ.