Is your classroom closet filled with geoboards and rubberbands that never get used?
Well, this jam-packed ebook is for you! These lessons will get your kids busy learning and exploring all kinds of math topics all year long!
Why use a geoboard?
- It’s a flexible and versatile tool that can be used a variety of ways without extensive training or prep work
- It provides experiences that proceed from concrete to pictorial to abstract, increasing students’ understanding and retention
- It provides a stimulating medium that keeps them actively involved while learning mathematical concepts (keeping students motivated and learning)
- Students better see and understand relationships and properties by building figures
- Building or drawing is a distinctly higher order thinking task than many of the “identify” exercises in standard textbooks
Math Topics Covered in this HUGE Resource:
- Logical thinking challenges and games
- Plotting points on a coordinate plane
- Graphing linear equations
- Graphing systems of linear equations
- Graphing inequalities
- Midpoints and bisectors
- Names and attributes of polygons
- Classifying polygons
- Perimeter and area
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Trig functions and ratios
- Fractions, ratios and percents
…and so much MORE!
This fun and engaging resource book includes more than 100 math lessons that you can complete using a geoboard or dot paper (includes a reproducible version).
Plus, it includes selected answers and comments to help you explore these topics with your students.
***Want to see a sample? Click here to download sample activities from the book!***
**Please note: this is a downloadable pdf resource, made available to you after checkout. No physical copy will be shipped to you.
**Also, please note that this is intended for personal use in the home or classroom only. You may not share the download with other parents or teachers.**